Terms and Conditions
French à la Carte offers General French and Conversation Term Classes for Adults on Sydney’s North Shore :
- at the school premises - 164A Mona Vale Rd, St Ives, NSW, 2075, from Monday to Friday
- at Bayview Golf Club - 1825 Pittwater Rd, Mona Vale NSW 2103, on Mondays and Tuesdays
- online via Zoom, from Monday to Friday
French à la Carte also offers a wide range of workshops, events and immersions in French and/or about French language and culture as well as private tuition for individuals and groups.
These terms and conditions (“T&C”) will remain applicable until French à la Carte notifies the Student of their amendment.
Note that “Business Day” as stated in these T&C refers to a day which is not a Saturday, a Sunday or a public holiday in NSW, Australia.
- The person who enrols for learning French with French à la Carte (the “Student”) accepts these T&C.
- The Student’s enrolment comprises the entire agreement between French à la Carte and the Student, and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings, agreements, negotiations, representations and warranties, and communications, both written and oral.
- By accepting these T&C the Student agrees to pay the tuition fees for the tuition provided by French à la Carte. Payment can be made by bank transfer or by credit card via our website or over the phone. All transactions are in Australian Dollars. All prices as displayed on the French à la Carte website are inclusive of GST.
- General French classes and Conversation classes are payable on a term basis (usually 8 lessons spread over 8 weeks) before the term begins.
- Enrolments will not be confirmed until full payment has been received.
- The Student accepts to pay the full amount of the tuition fees and accepts that no part of this tuition is refundable once the term has started, even if the Student does not complete the tuition.
For a non-beginner Student, the School Director of French à la Carte will discuss with the Student and, depending on their level and availabilities as well as spaces available in the class, will offer him/her a place in a specific class. Suitability is then confirmed by the class teacher. If the class doesn’t suit the student, the School Director will offer the Student a place in a different class.
French à la Carte offers one or two trial lessons in different classes to new Students who wish to attend a class before deciding if they want to enrol. Trial lessons are in place to ensure each Student joins a class that best fits their level and expectations.
Trial lessons are at no obligation, which means that the Student does not have to pay anything if they decide not to enrol. If a Student decides to enrol after their trial lesson, the trial lesson will be charged the price of a regular lesson and included into the Term’s fees.
- Change of class: French à la Carte is responsible for allocating the Student to the class that best corresponds to the Student’s language level and needs. Any change of class requires the approval of the teacher and the School Director.
- Number of students: The maximum number of students per class is sixteen students for the General French classes, and six students for the Conversation classes.
- Cancellation of classes: In the case of insufficient numbers of students or unforeseen circumstances, French à la Carte reserves the right at its entire discretion to cancel a class. In the event of such cancellation of a class, students will be given the option of either attending a different course or receiving a full refund of fees paid. Where classes are deemed by the School Director to be below a minimum viable number, the option may also be offered to students to pay a supplement to keep the class going.
- Class Material: Students in Elementary classes may be asked to purchase a textbook and/or exercise book. Textbook and Exercise book fees are not included in the tuition fees. For all non-Elementary classes, material will be provided by the teachers and is included in the tuition fees.
- Change of class venue or teacher: Although classes are scheduled in advance, French à la Carte reserves the right to make appropriate changes due to extraordinary circumstances. These may include a change of premises, schedule, or teacher allocation. We will endeavour to give sufficient notice of any necessary changes (these are extremely rare occurrences). French à la Carte reserves the right to change teachers during the class term.
- Public Holidays: Please note that lessons will not be held on New South Wales public holidays. In this case, make up lessons are scheduled in advance for another day.
- 10 Business Days or more prior to starting date: 100% refund
- 5 to 9 Business Days prior to starting date: 50% refund
- Less than 5 Business Days prior to starting date: 0% refund
Missing a class
For General Classes & Café Actus classes:
If you know that you are going to miss 3 lessons or more within one term, you can enrol for the term and let us know before the first class how many lessons you are going to miss, at what dates and we will credit 70% of those lessons back to your account for future use. The remaining 30% will allow us to keep classes open (the risk being that some groups might become too small to be viable if many students are away during one term), to send you class notes, and to keep your spot in the class for the full term.
For Conversation classes: if you can find someone to take your spot for the classes you will miss, you can arrange payment between yourselves directly. We have a waitlist for some conversation classes, so if you don’t know anyone who might be interested in taking your spot, let us know and we’ll help you finding someone if we can.
All Students enrolled in a class will receive all the relevant documents (lesson plan, handouts and notes) sent to them via email by their teacher after the class has taken place. They are encouraged to print out and study these at home, and use question time during next lesson to help them catch up.
French à la Carte asks Students to please advise their teacher of their absence as early as possible, as numbers can impact class preparation.
Missing a Term of General French classes
If a Student plans to be away for a full term, they can choose to pay a Notes Only fee for the full set of documents (lesson plans and notes) in lieu of the full class fee. Help with catching up will be at the teacher’s discretion. This fee also guarantees that the Student’s place is kept in their class.
Note that this arrangement has to be organised with the School Director before the term begins.
Discount & special offers
- Couple Discount: A 10% discount applies to couples when similar classes are booked by both for a whole period.
- Refer a Friend Offer: a 15% discount for the Term fees will be offered to any student currently enrolled in a General French or Conversation course
These offers are not cumulative. To redeem an offer, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning which offer you would like to redeem and the name of both students or future students.
who refers a new student, who hasn’t previously been enrolled in a course at French à la Carte, and who enrols for a full Term of General French classes. The new student will also receive a 15% discount for the Term fees. This offer can only be redeemed once by each Student.
- If you need to cancel a lesson, please inform the teacher and the school as soon as possible. Any cancellation within 24 hours of the time of the lesson will be fully charged. If a lesson is cancelled more than 24 hours in advance, it will be rescheduled.
- For semi-private tuition: if one or several student(s) of a semi-private group cannot attend a class and the class is maintained for the other student(s), no refund will be available for the student(s) who cannot attend the class.
- Prepaid hours have to be used within 6 months and will only be refunded in exceptional circumstances, or if a student has valid prepaid hours left to use and the School cannot find a teacher to organise lessons
- 10 Business Days or more prior to Workshop or Event: 100% refund
- 5 to 9 Business Days prior to Workshop or Event: 50% refund
- Less than 5 Business Days prior to Workshop or Event: 0% refund
Exception to the Cancellation policy: A workshop or Event can be refundable if the Student who cancels finds someone to replace him/her for the Workshop or Event, upon agreement of the School Director.
A deposit is payable by the announced date to confirm the participant’s booking. Please refer to specific enrolment/cancellation policies in each immersion description page for more detail
French à la Carte will make reasonable efforts to keep any such information that French à la Carte has about its Students secure and to ensure that any of French à la Carte employees or agents who have access to personal information do not make any unauthorised use, modification, reproduction or disclosure of that information.
Upon enrolment into the classes, French à la Carte may use the content from the Student’s emails to French à la Carte in its marketing materials and on its website testimonials page, as well as send the Student a monthly newsletter. In doing so, the Student’s identity will never be revealed; however French à la Carte will use the Student’s initials. French à la Carte will also respect the Student’s privacy and only comments related to course outcomes and the Student’s experiences will be mentioned after first requesting permission from the student.
French à la Carte shall not be liable or responsible to the Student, nor be deemed to have defaulted or breached this agreement, for any failure or delay in fulfilling or performing any term of the enrolment of the Student for classes when and to the extent such failure or delay is caused by or results from acts or circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the French à la Carte, including, without limitation, acts of God, flood, fire, earthquake, explosion, governmental actions, war, invasion or hostilities (whether war is declared or not), terrorist threats or acts, riot, or other civil unrest, national emergency, revolution, insurrection, epidemic, lock-outs, strikes or other labour disputes (whether or not relating to either party’s workforce), or restraints or delays affecting online operators or inability or delay in obtaining supplies of adequate or suitable materials, materials or telecommunication breakdown or power outage. This clause expressly includes any further circumstance related directly or indirectly to the current coronavirus crisis such as governmental/state decisions, unrest, breakdown or power outage, etc.
Any legal suit, action or proceeding arising out of or relating to these T&C and to the enrolment of the Student shall be instituted in the courts of New South Wales (Australia).
Notices: All notices, request, consents, claims, demands, waivers and other communications hereunder (each, a “Notice”) shall be in writing and addressed to the parties at the addresses set forth on the enrolment documents or to such other address that may be designated by the receiving party in writing. All Notices shall be delivered by personal delivery, nationally recognized overnight courier (with all fees pre-paid), or certified or registered mail (in each case, return receipt requested, postage prepaid).
Severability: If any term or provision of either these T&C or the enrolment of the Student is invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of these T&C or the enrolment of the Student invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction.
Survival: Provisions of these T&C and the enrolment of the Student which by their nature should apply beyond their terms will remain in force after any termination or expiration of this Order including, but not limited to, the following provisions: compliance with Laws, confidentiality, Governing Law, submission to Jurisdiction and survival.
Updated September 2021